Today I was fortunate enough to have a chat with Ian McCarthy of No Bullshit Body Building and Lifting For Life.
Some of the highlights of the interview included
- Ian discusses his background and what keeps him motivated.
- How long it took him to get ‘noticed’ as a serious voice of reason.
- He talks about the writers and fitness leaders that have influenced him
- His final thoughts on the often ill-defined term ‘Bro Science’
- How he handles the criticism of his often polarising views on training and nutrition.
- His thoughts on using fitness pros as inspiration for the average fitness enthusiast.
- His thoughts on flexible dieting and using science as ‘absolute fact’.
- He discusses Intermittent fasting and nutrient timing.
- Ian also discusses his current training regimen (for mass gains) and his favourite supplements.
It’s a little long, but it’s been edited for your viewing pleasure and, I believe, well worth the watch.